Saturday, December 6, 2008

Data Mesa?


To the left, a traffic graph from one of our routers serving tow network segments over two ISPs. The segments are aggregated through a common network interface (which can also failover) so this shows the traffic from both. Max transfer limit of the two in aggregate is a little better than 45mbit or so (heh, spare capacity is sometimes a good thing, we have spare capacity). Anyway, I thought that this was kind of a funny looking "Data Mesa" where one of our customers transferred a ton of data over a day or two (apparently limited by the speed of their network link to about 3mbits).

The image to the right is of our (my family's) two dogs. Apparently, it's cold in the house back home and my sister is trying to send a subtle message (to turn up the heat, which the rest of us refuse to do). Of course, I say that form the comfort of my MIT graduate housing apartment, where I can set the thermostat to whatever I want without consequence.

Now that the "business as usual" is done with, I'll cover a little bit about when and how I'll be updating this blog (yes, backwards, I know). Anyway, I maintained this thing fairly well during the latter half of my senior year at Trinity. The summer was extremely busy, and Sloan is almost as busy as the summer was. There has not been much time for blogging, and the reader base of this thing is [fortunately?] quite small anyway. Updates going forward wont be frequent, but they wont be as scarce as they have been for the past few months.

No comments: